Jacksonville Car & Home Insurance
Insurance Place of Orange Park - Formerly Known As Pickering Insurance
As the largest city in Florida, Jacksonville has a population of nearly 900,000. Its expansive city limits also make it the largest city by area in the entire lower 48. Insurance Place of Orange Park. is proud to offer homeowners, renters and auto insurance services throughout the greater Jacksonville area.
Get A Quote
Insurance Place of Orange Park offers Jacksonville residents competitive insurance options for a diversity of their most-important personal assets. We'll make sure you receive adapted, user-specific coverage that directly protects you, your home, family and lifestyle. If you're looking for both the most-effective and cheapest policy options in Florida, we're ready to help you get them.
Cars are expensive, and Jacksonville roadways can be dangerous. Any accident could cost you a lot of money. Full-coverage auto insurance can help you pay for costs resulting from vehicle losses.
Florida law requires all drivers to carry at least the following insurance:
- $10,000 Property Damage Liability (PDL) Coverage: Coverage will pay for damage you might cause to someone else's car or other personal property.
- $10,000 Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Coverage: Regardless of who causes an accident, PIP coverage from your policy will pay for your medical bills, lost income and other injury costs.
We also recommend you add various extra coverage to your policy, including:
- Bodily Injury Liability (BIL) Coverage: If someone does sue you for the injuries they sustain in a wreck, this coverage can help you with legal costs and settlements.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Protection: If another driver injures you, and you qualify to file against their BIL coverage, there's a chance that they may not have this coverage. If they don't have enough to pay for your losses, or they don't have any coverage at all, you're your own uninsured/underinsured coverage can compensate you.
- Collision Insurance: After a wreck, your policy can help you pay for your car's repairs. Coverage can also pay in cases where another driver has no PDL coverage that you can file against.
- Comprehensive Insurance: This coverage will pay you for vehicle damage resulting from non-accident incidents. For example, a car fire or hail damage might have coverage under this policy.
Jacksonville's average auto policy rates tend to run higher, between about $1,200 — $1,400/year, because of the larger, more-significant driving risks present in the area. However, don't hesitate to increase your policy’s limits to your own satisfaction. We can help you do so in a way that maximizes your benefits and keeps your coverage affordable.
If you own a rental property, you have an insurable interest in the property. Financial challenges might not only arise from the costs of property damage, but also from the loss of a paying tenant. You'll therefore need specific rental property insurance, including:
- Property Insurance: Coverage will apply to the portions of the home that you own, like the structure and qualifying possessions or fixtures, if covered perils damage these items.
- General Liability Insurance: Should someone get hurt or experience a personal loss on your property, it might be your fault, not necessarily the tenant's. This coverage can help you compensate those parties for the losses for which you are found at fault.
- Loss of Income Coverage: Protection will apply in case an accident forces out your tenant, and you therefore lose the rental income.
- Tenant Moving Coverage: This coverage will apply in case you have to move the tenant in or out of the premises while it undergoes repairs.
- Equipment Breakdown Coverage: Should essential systems break down, causing tenant discomfort and a potential loss of use, this coverage can pay for the costs of repairs.
You have to insure your rental, but you don't want to have to insure assets that are not your responsibilities. We’re here to help you balance your insurance options to your financial benefit.
Jacksonville home values average about $177,000. That should give you an idea of exactly how much you could lose in case of a harmful accident in your owned home. Homeowners insurance will help you afford to make repairs and replacements to the property if problems strike. Policies often contain:
- Structure Protection: This insures your house, garage and detached buildings on the property. It can cover you in the event of damage from fires, weather, theft or other hazards.
- Possessions Insurance: This coverage pays for damaged or destroyed personal belongings. Protection might cover anything from food in the pantry to computer systems or furniture.
- Liability Coverage: If you harm someone else or damage their property, this coverage can repay them. It can also help you cover legal fees if a lawsuit arises.
- Expense Protection: Do you need to move out temporarily after an accident at home? Let this coverage reimburse you for expenses like necessities, dining or hotel bills.
Many lenders require loan applicants to carry homeowners coverage. The good thing is that policies often are affordable. Jacksonville policies cost, on average, around $1,900/year (about $160/month). That actually is less than Florida's average statewide cost of home insurance, which is over $2,800/year.
Flood coverage usually doesn't automatically come as part of standard renters or homeowners insurance. You usually must buy it separately. We'll help you decide on maximized coverage and ensure it meets any standards set by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
We want to make it easy for you to take care of your insurance needs.
From Interstate 295, turn south on Blanding Blvd, continue south past Kingsley Road for another 3 miles on Blanding. We are located on the left, just south of College Drive.